Sloth

Default Center Text Vertically

Is there a way to center text vertically of different fonts? I would like to
have a } with a 72 font size and text after it size 12 to appear in the
middle (vertically). Normally anything on the same line is flush bottom when
there are different sizes involved. Would I need to use a text box, or is
there some formatting I can do?
Charles Kenyon

If appropriate, you could put the two parts of your text in a borderless
two-column table and center the table cells vertically.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sloth" wrote in message
Is there a way to center text vertically of different fonts? I would like
have a } with a 72 font size and text after it size 12 to appear in the
middle (vertically). Normally anything on the same line is flush bottom
when
there are different sizes involved. Would I need to use a text box, or is
there some formatting I can do?

Daiya Mitchell

Two possibilities addition to the table option:

Selecting the { and using Format | Drop Cap might give you what you
want--the third option looks good. (That increases the size of the { and
inserts a frame for you).

Selecting the 12pt text and using Format | Font | Character Spacing and
setting Position: Raised or Lowered might also be an option, though only if
you have one line of text after the { .

On 11/4/05 1:18 PM, "Sloth" wrote:

Is there a way to center text vertically of different fonts? I would like to
have a } with a 72 font size and text after it size 12 to appear in the
middle (vertically). Normally anything on the same line is flush bottom when
there are different sizes involved. Would I need to use a text box, or is
there some formatting I can do?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/