Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
melizabeth melizabeth is offline

Default How can I...

make my own shortcut to a symbol? For instance, ctrl + / = degree sign or
ctrl + . = cents sign.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You can do this with AutoCorrect, but why would you. If you go to
InsertSymbols and select the degree symbol or the cents symbol, you will
find that they already have shortcuts assigned to them.

Degree = Ctrl+Sht+@, space (that is hold down Control and Shift key whilst
pressing the @ sign, release and press c)
Cents = Ctrl+/, C (hold down Control key and press /, release and press c)

If there are other symbols you need that don't have a shortcut assigned, go
to Insert, Symbol, select the Symbol and choose Shortcut Key where you can
assign your own shortcut.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP