Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leah Dozier Leah Dozier is offline

Default things all over the page when i type

I have things all over the page in microsoft word when i type and the look
like a music note only flipped around and i cant get them off my page or
delete them or cut them or anything. I have no idea what to do to get that
off the page. HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Sounds as if you have turned on formatting marks (nonprinting characters).
Click the ΒΆ icon on the Standard toolbar to turn formatting marks off. If
this does not help, select Tools Options View tab and make sure that both
"Spaces" and "All" are deselected in the Formatting marks group. Click OK.

For further details about formatting marks, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg