Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judy Judy is offline

Default Printing borders

I am using Microsoft Word 2000.
I have been trying to put a page border around my texts, it prints 3 sides.
I can not get the bottom line of border to print. I have tryed all that I
know.
Thank you for your help, Judy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Most likely you have your bottom margin set to something less than the
minimum required for your printer - most use the bottom edge of the page to
move the paper through.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"judy" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2000.
I have been trying to put a page border around my texts, it prints 3
sides.
I can not get the bottom line of border to print. I have tryed all that I
know.
Thank you for your help, Judy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judy Judy is offline

The bottom line of the border show up on my Word document but it does not
show up on preview print,

"judy" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2000.
I have been trying to put a page border around my texts, it prints 3
sides.
I can not get the bottom line of border to print. I have tryed all that I
know.
Thank you for your help, Judy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Exactly - just because you can have Word display it on screen *doesn't* mean
Word can force your printer to do it on paper Print Preview is generated
by the printer/driver telling you what it _can_ do - if it doesn't show
there it won't be on paper either.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"judy" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2000.
I have been trying to put a page border around my texts, it prints 3
sides.
I can not get the bottom line of border to print. I have tryed all that
know.
Thank you for your help, Judy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judy Judy is offline

The answer to my question is: In format - border & shading - it has an option
to do edge to edge or text. Put it on text and it prints 4 sides of the
border.

"judy" wrote in message
I am using Microsoft Word 2000.
I have been trying to put a page border around my texts, it prints 3
sides.
I can not get the bottom line of border to print. I have tryed all that I
know.
Thank you for your help, Judy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm glad you got it resolved, but please understand that the reason the Text
setting fixed the problem is that it caused the border to move closer to the
text - IOW, further from the edge of the page. That apparently brought the
border within your printer's minimum margin requirement referred to in my
first post.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones