bess

Default Space between words

How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word? Thanks

bess
TF

Format Paragraph and select one of the Line Spacing options.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"bess" wrote in message
: How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word? Thanks
:
: bess

Press the spacebar twice.

"bess" wrote in message
How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word? Thanks

bess

bess

Thanks Suzanne. That's what I have been doing but I thought there was an
easier way. Perhaps not!

Bess

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press the spacebar twice.

"bess" wrote in message
How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word? Thanks

bess

TF

SOrry Bess, I though you want double line spacing not double Word spacing!
As Suzanne has stated, there's no automatic way to do this. You could, of
course, use Edit Replace find a single space and replace with a double space
after you have finished editing.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"bess" wrote in message
: Thanks Suzanne. That's what I have been doing but I thought there was an
: easier way. Perhaps not!
:
: Bess
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: Press the spacebar twice.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "bess" wrote in message
: ...
: How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word?
Thanks
:
: bess
:
:

Graham Mayor

You could use a wildcard replace of
([! ])([ ])([! ])
with
\1\2\2\1

ie find ([!space])([space])([!space])
replace with the content of the first bracket, the content of the second
bracket twice and the content of the third bracket.

This will replace all single spaces with double spaces.

bess wrote:
Thanks Suzanne. That's what I have been doing but I thought there
was an easier way. Perhaps not!

Bess

Press the spacebar twice.

"bess" wrote in message
How do I get 2 spaces between words in a line of typing in Word?
Thanks

bess

Word frequencies Anthea Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 04:46 AM
Finding words near other words AH Microsoft Word Help 5 December 16th 04 03:23 PM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
Replace Single Space with Double Space John R. Baker New Users 3 December 11th 04 05:15 AM
create a hard space in word to keep two words together in a line cynwalker Microsoft Word Help 2 December 7th 04 10:57 PM