Insert image does not retain Image quality

Old December 20th 12, 02:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Insert image does not retain Image quality

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:25:43 AM UTC-7, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Sep 27, 10:35*am, wrote:

I've worked extensively with this issue. It helps if you use Paste Special and select a bitmap than if you do a direct paste. I've also found that inserting an object (PDF) results in terrible quality, but if you use the snip tool in accessories, the quality is much better. If you have Adobe Pro, you also have the option of using the snapshot (camera) tool. Start with a large on-screen magnification if you are using either the snip tool or snapshot tool; the number of pixels makes a huge difference.

Finally, right click on the image to get the options box and select "Sharpen" if you can. This is not an option will all types of images, but it can help. It takes some experimentation to get the best image.

Hope this is helpful!

Well ... maybe if they were waiting 4 1/2 years for a response!

Hahaha
Old December 20th 12, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

On Sep 27, 10:35*am, wrote:

I've worked extensively with this issue. It helps if you use Paste Special and select a bitmap than if you do a direct paste. I've also found that inserting an object (PDF) results in terrible quality, but if you use the snip tool in accessories, the quality is much better. If you have Adobe Pro, you also have the option of using the snapshot (camera) tool. Start with a large on-screen magnification if you are using either the snip tool or snapshot tool; the number of pixels makes a huge difference.

Finally, right click on the image to get the options box and select "Sharpen" if you can. This is not an option will all types of images, but it can help. It takes some experimentation to get the best image.

Hope this is helpful!

Well ... maybe if they were waiting 4 1/2 years for a response!

Hahaha

I wasn't waiting three months for a response, either.
Old February 4th 15, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 12:25:43 PM UTC-5, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
On Sep 27, 10:35*am, wrote:
I've worked extensively with this issue. It helps if you use Paste Special and select a bitmap than if you do a direct paste. I've also found that inserting an object (PDF) results in terrible quality, but if you use the snip tool in accessories, the quality is much better. If you have Adobe Pro, you also have the option of using the snapshot (camera) tool. Start with a large on-screen magnification if you are using either the snip tool or snapshot tool; the number of pixels makes a huge difference.

Finally, right click on the image to get the options box and select "Sharpen" if you can. This is not an option will all types of images, but it can help. It takes some experimentation to get the best image.
Hope this is helpful!

Well ... maybe if they were waiting 4 1/2 years for a response!

Seven years since the question was asked... yet I found the answer helpful!
Old November 9th 21, 01:18 PM
MSWordGuy MSWordGuy is offline

I need to crop and resize the photo. Do you have any services?
Old November 10th 21, 02:20 PM
Vashei Vashei is offline

All the image editing tools are at hand. Is it possible? The softorbits program has rich functionality and flexible manual settings. Have you ever dreamed of turning a photo into a full-fledged sketch? You have such an opportunity.