Ken Chalmers

Default Merge Fields and Header

I have a user with 45 page document where he would like to do the
following :

Perform a merge with a database of 75 Client Names and Finacial Year
Ends

Header Line 1 - Different Static Descriptive Title On Each Page
Header Line 2 - Client Name on all pages
Header Line 3 - Financial Year End on all pages

Is this possible ?

The merge bit is easy but I can't figure out how to have a static
title on each page without using section breaks which then stops the
merge from working for Lines 2 and 3. ( as it breaks the links between
the headers )

The only way round it I can see is to take the Page Title out of the
Header and into the body of the text .

Anyone have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Ken

If the merge is a catalog/directory merge (and it sounds as if it is), then
the only way you can have text on the page that is not repeated for every
record is to put it in the header/footer or add it after the merge is
complete. In this case, it sounds as if you may need to do a combination of
both.

"Ken Chalmers" wrote in message
om...
I have a user with 45 page document where he would like to do the
following :

Perform a merge with a database of 75 Client Names and Finacial Year
Ends

Header Line 1 - Different Static Descriptive Title On Each Page
Header Line 2 - Client Name on all pages
Header Line 3 - Financial Year End on all pages

Is this possible ?

The merge bit is easy but I can't figure out how to have a static
title on each page without using section breaks which then stops the
merge from working for Lines 2 and 3. ( as it breaks the links between
the headers )

The only way round it I can see is to take the Page Title out of the
Header and into the body of the text .

Anyone have any other ideas ?

Thanks

Ken

Ken Chalmers

Thanks Suzanne

In this case I've just gone ahead and placed a copy of the merge field
in each header along side the static text.

We have a lot of documents like these so I think we should probably
cary out a restructuring exercise.

Ken