Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Default Word 2007 "Custom Toolbars" Button - What's it For?

Looking through the many buttons that can be added to the Quick Access
Toolbar, I see one described as: "Custom Toolbars". I have added it to my QAT
and when I click on it it shows just an empty drop down that looks like its
waiting for some options to be set up. It looks like it may be to set up
multiple QAT's and then pick the one you want to use. But I can't find
anything in Word Help or the MSKB, so its probably just wishful thinking.

Does anyone know what this button is for?

Sean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have that button, and it has custom toolbar buttons on it. For an
explanation of how they got there, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. I don't know of any way to
approach it from the other end (adding it in Word 2007 and then trying to
put buttons on it), but it would be interesting to know if this could be
done.

"Sean" wrote in message
Looking through the many buttons that can be added to the Quick Access
Toolbar, I see one described as: "Custom Toolbars". I have added it to my
QAT
and when I click on it it shows just an empty drop down that looks like
its
waiting for some options to be set up. It looks like it may be to set up
multiple QAT's and then pick the one you want to use. But I can't find
anything in Word Help or the MSKB, so its probably just wishful thinking.

Does anyone know what this button is for?

Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Thanks, Suzanne;
That is, at the same time, useful and weird.
Regards,
Sean