sheilam

Default How to turn View Markup off in TEMPLATE offspring?

**Cross-posted from Word Programming list**

I have searched hi and low and read several threads and articles about Word's
newest "feature" (the one that will finally cause me to say FrameMaker is
better, BTW). I understand how to turn off markup in my document but I cannot
seem to turn it off when someone creates a document based on a template I've
created. Here's what I do to the template to make sure it's "clean":
-View Markup.
-Accept all changes.
-Change view from Final showing markup to Final.
-Turn off Reviewing toolbar.
-Save template.

I also have the following option cleared in ToolsOption, Security tab: Make
hidden markup visible...

I did this to over 30 templates yesterday. Today I created a new document
based on one of those templates, and that d#$& markup appeared. I don't want
View Markup to automatically come on every time someone creates a new
document based on one of my templates. What do I need to do in the template
to ensure that this doesn't happen?

This is the absolute worst feature I've ever had to deal with in word. Bad,
bad, bad, bad. finished whining now. :-

Please help.

Sheila

Charles Kenyon

Turn off Track Changes (not just the toolbar). Look in the status bar. If
TRK is dark rather than gray, track changes is running.
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/track_changes.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.