Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry

Default word help task pane keeps popping up

The Word Help Task Pane keeps popping up on the right of my document.
I remove it but it comes back. I cannot figure out how to disable it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Click TOOLS, select OPTIONS and if necessary click the VIEW tab.

Turn off the check box that says Start Up Task Pane--
Kevin Backmann

"Terry" wrote:

The Word Help Task Pane keeps popping up on the right of my document.
I remove it but it comes back. I cannot figure out how to disable it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using Tools | Letters and Mailings | Mail Merge...? If so, you
should expect it. If you want to create a mail merge without the wizard, you
can either restore the Mail Merge Helper from Tools | Customize or create
the merge manually from the Mail Merge toolbar as described at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/E...MailMerges.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And if that doesn't suffice, get the Task Pane Controller from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.