Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NC_Sue

Default Letterhead problems

I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name, address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor way at the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will have some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've tried, I can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Place the information in the first page header (or anchor it to the
first header paragraph). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name,
address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have

the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor

way at the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will have

some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've tried,

I can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to

begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NC_Sue

Hi Stefan - thanks for your reply.
I placed the appropriate text in the header section, but the problem seems
to originate in the info to the left of the area where the letter is to be
typed. Specifically, I have text to the left in which I list the officers of
the organization. I tried to insert this both as a text box and as a frame,
and in either case the cursor winds up malpositioned.

Any ideas?
--
Once again, thanks for your time!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the information in the first page header (or anchor it to the
first header paragraph). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name,

address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have

the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor

way at the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will have

some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've tried,

I can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to

begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NC_Sue

How?
--
Thanks for your time!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the information in the first page header (or anchor it to the
first header paragraph). For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
news I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name,
address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have
the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor
way at the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will have
some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've tried,
I can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to
begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Put your letterhead in the first-page header. Take a look at: How to set up
letterhead or some other document where you want one header on the first
page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial
(for simulating different margins on different pages, among other things)

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name,
address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor way at
the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will have some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've tried, I
can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Open the header/footer view. Insert your Text Box.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
How?
--
Thanks for your time!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The text box or frame needs to be anchored to the First Page Header
paragraph.

so
all may benefit.

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
news I'm trying to develop a letterhead template with organization name,
address,
& logo @ top & names/positions of officers in sidebar to left. Have
the
design made, but when opening the template it positions the cursor
way at the
top to the left of the logo, etc. We have newbie users who will
have
some
challenge remembering to move the cursor. No matter what I've
tried,
I can't
get cursor to be positioned @ location where text/letter is to
begin.

Help???
--
Thanks for your time!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Alternatively, if you've already created the text box, Cut it from the main
document, then View | Header and Footer and Paste into the header.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
Open the header/footer view. Insert your Text Box.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"NC_Sue" wrote in message
How?
--
Thanks for your time!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The text box or frame needs to be anchored to the First Page Header
paragraph.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.