Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Tippett Peter Tippett is offline

Default Merge Field Codes accessing Content Controls

With 2007 now out and having the content controls opens the power to make
word document have interactive forms.

These are nice but there are many documents that use the old merge field
method of putting data in a document. I want to have the merge field data
access the content controls information instead. This will allow a document
to be come more dynamic and still be simple for users to work with as the old
field code system allowed if statements as an example to hide and show
information. We currently create a single record merge file on a dynamic
basis and then open the document linked to this. If they want to change
information, they go back to the data base, change it and the go back to the
document and tell it to update. We have over 10 million documents with
clients working like this.

I would like to have the form in the document using content controls which
is then able to feed into the document and when they save, we can read the
XML data back into our database.

Peter Tippett
Leap Legal Software