lkr6104r

Default Quick way to rearrange test questions in Word

I create many of mine own tests for my students. I was wondering if anyone
knew of a shortcut way or special toolbar function that would allow me to
quickly re-arrange the order of my test questions?

Thanks for the help.
--
lkr6104r
Stefan Blom

If each question is in a single paragraph, you can use
ALT+SHIFT+UP ARROW to move it up, or ALT+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW to move
it down a paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom

"lkr6104r" wrote in message
I create many of mine own tests for my students. I was

wondering if anyone
knew of a shortcut way or special toolbar function that would

allow me to
quickly re-arrange the order of my test questions?

Thanks for the help.
--
lkr6104r

lkr6104r

"lkr6104r" wrote:

I create many of my own tests for my students. I was wondering if anyone
knew of a shortcut way or special toolbar function that would allow me to
quickly re-arrange the order of my test questions?

The tests are numbered tests, not in paragraph form. For example:
1. An opinion is____________________.
a)
b)
c)
2. A fact is _________________.
a)
b)
c)
Thanks for the help.
--
lkr6104r

If you have set up your questions and answers as part of an outline-numbered
list (highly recommended; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html) and assign
an outline level to each numbering level, then you can manage the document
in Outline view. If you hide all but Level 1, you can drag the questions
around, and the answers will go with them.

"lkr6104r" wrote in message

"lkr6104r" wrote:

I create many of my own tests for my students. I was wondering if anyone
knew of a shortcut way or special toolbar function that would allow me

quickly re-arrange the order of my test questions?

The tests are numbered tests, not in paragraph form. For example:
1. An opinion is____________________.
a)
b)
c)
2. A fact is _________________.
a)
b)
c)
Thanks for the help.
--
lkr6104r

Stefan Blom

Note that the ALT+SHIFT+UP/DOWN ARROW shortcuts would accomplish
the same thing.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have set up your questions and answers as part of an

outline-numbered
list (highly recommended; see

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html)
and assign
an outline level to each numbering level, then you can manage

the document
in Outline view. If you hide all but Level 1, you can drag the

questions
around, and the answers will go with them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lkr6104r" wrote in

message

"lkr6104r" wrote:

I create many of my own tests for my students. I was

wondering if anyone
knew of a shortcut way or special toolbar function that

would allow me
quickly re-arrange the order of my test questions?

The tests are numbered tests, not in paragraph form. For

example:
1. An opinion is____________________.
a)
b)
c)
2. A fact is _________________.
a)
b)
c)
Thanks for the help.
--
lkr6104r

Stefan Blom

.... the same thing as dragging, I mean.

--
Stefan Blom

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Note that the ALT+SHIFT+UP/DOWN ARROW shortcuts would

accomplish
the same thing.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you have set up your questions and answers as part of an

outline-numbered
list (highly recommended; see

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html)
and assign
an outline level to each numbering level, then you can manage

the document
in Outline view. If you hide all but Level 1, you can drag

the
questions
around, and the answers will go with them.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lkr6104r" wrote in