tienye tienye is offline
Junior Member

Default Restrict editing but allow formatting

Is there a way to restrict editing of the part of the document but leave ability to change formatting? All I actually need is to allow font size change. Rich text content control is almost what I need but it doesn’t allow to change formatting when locked. Can I somehow change its behavior?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Any restricted document will also have limited formatting capabilities.
One possibility might be the "No Changes (Read only)" option (in the
Restrict Formatting and Editing task pane) and then setting exceptions
for parts of the document that you don't want to protect. You'd have to
add a style to the Style gallery, on the Home tab, for any formatting
that you want to allow.

Note that if you prefer using content controls, you can do so without
applying document protection.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP