Bushair

Default clear history of files from task pane

How do i clear the history of files from the task pane? I tried
"Tools-Options-General" and unchecking Recent file list check box.
Klaus Linke

"Bushair" wrote:
How do i clear the history of files from the task pane? I tried
"Tools-Options-General" and unchecking Recent file list check box.

You can use the "destructive cursor" Alt+Ctrl+Hyphen to delete entries from the
file menu... and then, they should also disappear from the "Getting started"
task pane.
WARNING: When the big fat hyphen cursor is visible, it will destroy any menu
item or button you click on.
Use the Esc key to change the cursor back to the normal one.

I can't access it right now, but you might find more info on Graham Mayor's
site:
http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

Greetings,
Klaus

Bushair

Hi Klaus,

Check the site. It says this cant clear the task pane. Thankx anyway.

"Bushair" wrote:

How do i clear the history of files from the task pane? I tried
"Tools-Options-General" and unchecking Recent file list check box.

Klaus Linke

"Bushair" wrote:
How do i clear the history of files from the task pane? I tried
"Tools-Options-General" and unchecking Recent file list check box.

Check the site. It says this cant clear the task pane. Thankx anyway.

The destructive cursor doesn't work directly on entries in the task pane, but I
wrote:
You can use the "destructive cursor" Alt+Ctrl+Hyphen to delete
entries from the file menu... and then, they should also disappear
from the "Getting started" task pane.

Give it a try...

Regards,
Klaus