Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJL LJL is offline

Default Help with Styles

I'm sorry. I know how to fix this in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007. Every
time I modify a particular style by (say) adding italics, or color, or other,
the result gets added to the list as a new style. I can't figure out how to
turn off this "feature." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Office button, Word Options, Advanced tab, Editing options, remove the check
next to Keep track of formatting.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"LJL" wrote in message
I'm sorry. I know how to fix this in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007.
Every
time I modify a particular style by (say) adding italics, or color, or
other,
the result gets added to the list as a new style. I can't figure out how
turn off this "feature." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJL LJL is offline

Bless you! Thanks very much.

Have a great week.

Lee

"LJL" wrote in message
I'm sorry. I know how to fix this in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007.
Every
time I modify a particular style by (say) adding italics, or color, or
other,
the result gets added to the list as a new style. I can't figure out how
turn off this "feature." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad to help.

Cheers,

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"LJL" wrote in message
Bless you! Thanks very much.

Have a great week.

Lee

"LJL" wrote in message
I'm sorry. I know how to fix this in Word 2003, but not in Word 2007.
Every
time I modify a particular style by (say) adding italics, or color, or
other,
the result gets added to the list as a new style. I can't figure out
how
turn off this "feature." Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, Word is not showing you a new style, but it is showing style-plus-
formatting that, like a style, you can use again, or delete, or change into a
real style. If you like to use the select all feature that keep track of
formatting enables, you can turn off the view of this formatting in the
Style pane options. Clear the boxes after Select formatting to show as (if
they were) styles.

Pam