Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grayman Grayman is offline

Default Urgent.. (!)How can I recover word file"not responding" - and unsa

Hi - Situation as question:
(winXP, all updates and SP's; Word / Office 2000) -
I have my computer still 'live' at the moment but must leave here shortly...
Word has 'frozen' (message 'Not Responding') while a document is still
visible on-screen - ( I was starting to save it and was creating a new folder
to put it into) At present it is autonamed Document1.
- It is possible to open another session of Word, which works normally,
including 'save' function...

Steps so far:
I have taken a screenshot of the part of the file showing - which is just
the file end...
I have searched hard drive for 'new files created' with today's date -
nothing.
Have searched for 'copy...' filenames - nothing.
Have searched for '~' in file names - nothing...
Any ideas please???
Delighted if you can suggest some dump/some magic to get this back!!

I really don't want to lose this information...
Grayman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

If you turn off the computer WITHOUT shutting Word down (as if you had a
power failure) then when you restart the computer, there is a good chance
that an autorecover version of your document will be loaded (though it may
not contain the most recent text additions/edits)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news