Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Ho do I control the length of a mergefield

In message of Mon,
27 Oct 2008 08:10:13 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields, Matt
Heason writes
Fantastic! That solved it for me. Easy enough to discard the first record
from the final merged document so an esy fix. A fairly basic issue though!

I am sorry my explanation did not sort things for you. I probably got my
limited understanding by reading http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm
which is an awesome piece of work.

I agree the string type is limited to 255 characters rather than the 254
I suggested. (Off by one errors are traditional for programmers.

I am glad the problem is resolved for you. It is a basic issue, but
probably the result of compromises Microsoft has to adopt with
conflicting requirements. ( You want it simple and fast? )
--
Walter Briscoe