Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wickmoon wickmoon is offline

Default HOw do you add delete to office button

I deleted a document in word 2007. The document is gone but the title of
document remains. How do i delete that title? Also, can i add delete to
Office Button? Just for the record, I liked XP much better than Vista. For
those of us that are not still pc smart it was much easier and when you
deleted something it was gone. I am sure those that use word often are happy
with it. If there was a way i could get my old word back, i would be happier
with it and maybe use it more.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Vista is not a version of Word. It's an operating system.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"wickmoon" wrote in message
I deleted a document in word 2007. The document is gone but the title of
document remains. How do i delete that title? Also, can i add delete to
Office Button? Just for the record, I liked XP much better than Vista. For
those of us that are not still pc smart it was much easier and when you
deleted something it was gone. I am sure those that use word often are
happy
with it. If there was a way i could get my old word back, i would be
happier
with it and maybe use it more.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what "title" you are referring to. Perhaps the recent file list
seen when you click the Office button? You can clear that list by setting
the number of recent files to zero and then back to the desired number (in
Office button | Word Options, Advanced category, look in the "Display"
section for the "Show this number of Recent Documents" option).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wickmoon" wrote in message
I deleted a document in word 2007. The document is gone but the title of
document remains. How do i delete that title? Also, can i add delete to
Office Button? Just for the record, I liked XP much better than Vista. For
those of us that are not still pc smart it was much easier and when you
deleted something it was gone. I am sure those that use word often are
happy
with it. If there was a way i could get my old word back, i would be
happier
with it and maybe use it more.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The only thing that has changed about the recent file list - if that is what
you are referring to - is that it now will hold up to 50 filenames rather
than 9.

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0