Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marluny Marluny is offline

Default How do I make a repeating watermark?

I want to set up a letter with "CONFIDENTIAL" as the watermark, but I want it
to repeat across the entire page, not the single instance that MS Word
inserts.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I make a repeating watermark?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can make a repeating watermark in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" section of the ribbon.
  4. Select "Custom Watermark" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Printed Watermark" section, select "Picture Watermark."
  6. Click on "Select Picture" and choose the image you want to use as your watermark (in this case, the word "CONFIDENTIAL").
  7. Under "Scale," select "Auto" so that the watermark will be repeated across the entire page.
  8. Click "OK" to apply the watermark to your document.

That's it! Your watermark should now be repeated across the entire page. If you want to adjust the opacity or size of the watermark, you can do so by clicking on "Custom Watermark" and making changes in the "Scale" and "Washout" sections.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmie B Kimmie B is offline

The following puts "Confidential" in big letters diagonally across the page.

1. From the menu bar, select Format Backgrounds Printed Watermark.
2. In the dialog box, select the Text Watermark option.
3. From the drop-down list in the Text field, select Confidential.
4. Click OK

Did you mean that you want "Confidential" to appear numerous times all over
the page?

"Marluny" wrote:

I want to set up a letter with "CONFIDENTIAL" as the watermark, but I want it
to repeat across the entire page, not the single instance that MS Word
inserts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You can go to ViewHeader and Footer, create as many copies of a text box
containing the word "Confidential" as you want, formatted as you wish and
positioned wherever you like (as long as they are not set for In Line with
Text - preferably use Behind Text text wrapping). They can't, however, be
rotated to read diagonally the way the standard watermark is.

If you want something more elaborate, create a file in a graphics program,
save it as a jpeg or png, then use the Printed Watermark feature to specify
that file as a picture rather than the Text watermark option.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/14/06 12:40 PM, in article