Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mreinders

Default Merging Excel cells that contain numbers using Free 3 of 9 Barcode

I have an excel spreadsheet that is the data source for a mail merge letter.
One column contains *XXXXX-XXXX-X* (X being numbers) they are formated with
Free 3 0f 9 Barcode Font. If I print them from Excel, I can scan and read the
numbers with a hand held barcode reader. If I merge them to a word document,
they pic up an additional character that prevents them from being read. The
Word document is formatted in a table format that has a hidden character in
it (a circle with four tabs at an X pattern around the edge. Any help would
be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The character that you describe is the end of cell marker. You can prevent
it being displayed by clicking on the ¶ button on the toolbar. It does not
however print so I am not sure how it would be affecting the barcode
reading.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"mreinders" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that is the data source for a mail merge
letter.
One column contains *XXXXX-XXXX-X* (X being numbers) they are formated
with
Free 3 0f 9 Barcode Font. If I print them from Excel, I can scan and read
the
numbers with a hand held barcode reader. If I merge them to a word
document,
they pic up an additional character that prevents them from being read.
The
Word document is formatted in a table format that has a hidden character
in
it (a circle with four tabs at an X pattern around the edge. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
mreinders

Default Merging Excel cells that contain numbers using Free 3 of 9 Bar

If It turn off the Paragraph markings the end of cell marker goes away, but I
still have the original problem... Stumped!

"mreinders" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet that is the data source for a mail merge
letter.
One column contains *XXXXX-XXXX-X* (X being numbers) they are formated
with
Free 3 0f 9 Barcode Font. If I print them from Excel, I can scan and read
the
numbers with a hand held barcode reader. If I merge them to a word
document,
they pic up an additional character that prevents them from being read.
The
Word document is formatted in a table format that has a hidden character
in
it (a circle with four tabs at an X pattern around the edge. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod

Hi mreinders,

Try formatting just the mergefield, not the whole cell.

Cheers