Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sanguinarius Sanguinarius is offline

Default how do I delete a(n autoformatted?) line?

I have this line in my Word document. I can't delete it. I can't cut it.
When I place the cursor over the line, the cursor turns into a double
horizontal line with an arrow pointing up and one pointing down, which makes
me think of clicking and dragging. But I can't click and drag it. When I
right click, "cut" is greyed out. I can't select or highlight the darned
thing, either.

I THINK it was originally a ===== or a ----- line but it got autoformatted
into a solid line across the page and I can't do anything with it and I don't
want it there.

Please help, somebody! I'm ripping my hair out. This is a for-publication
document!

I'm a new user of Word 2007, but I couldn't get rid of it in previous Word
versions, either.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What you have there is a Border. To remove it, place the cursor in the
paragraph immediately before the "line" and then access the Borders and
Shading item from the Format menu.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.