Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laurie_g laurie_g is offline

Default Customized Quick Access toolbar disappears

Hi again Bob

I saved the document as a template and have successfully been able to create
several documents without losing the QAT. I really don't understand why this
document in particular caused me such grief with the QAT.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

If you discover a reason why the document (docx) would not retain the QAT
I'd be interested in finding out.

Thanks again.

Laurie

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Laurie,

My first thought was that it might be related to the Adobe add-in (sort of a tradition of MS/Adobe 'who wins' things there g) but
I did duplicate the behavior with no Adobe in sight, but not with a consistent set of steps so far, but still looking

If you save as a template so that you can then create a new document based on that template, do the new documents exhibit the same
behavior?

Was having a drawing canvas already in the otherwise blank document a feature you need rather than just having it available on the
custom QAT entries?

Are there QAT customizations in the Normal.dotm template and in Word.qat as well that are in play in your situation?

How do you normally open the document and is it always saved on the local hard drive or is it opened from other locations?

============
"laurie_g" wrote in message ...
Hi again Bob
I just recreated the document and added the custom tools again. I then
attempted to add objects etc. to the drawing canvas. I find that when I
switch to another Word document, this is when the custom tools disappear.
Returning to the doc in question does not restore the tools.

If I save the document, close it and reopen, the tools do not return either.

Laurie
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Laurie,

Are you able to provide a link for the templates/documents you're using? I've not been able to 'lose' the document based QAT
choices when using different documents with/without QAT items based on different templates.

Are there any Add-ins being used in Word by any chance? Are these complex templates or are they being saved at any point in a
previous Word version?

Are you using the Office clipboard between these documents?

=========
"laurie_g" wrote in message ...
Hi,
No, all of the commands i've added are no longer listed.
The document that I am switching to uses a different template than the one
that is having the disappearing issue, and it does not have a customized QAT.

Yes, I have Office 2007 SP1 installed.