Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cloned? Cloned? is offline

Default duplicate files

Whenever I save a file I get a duplicate file - I am now getting three.
These do not appear to be back up files but clones . When I delete one -
all two or three including the one I want are deleted at the same time

This does not happen in other Microsoft applications
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cloned? wrote:
Whenever I save a file I get a duplicate file - I am now getting three.
These do not appear to be back up files but clones . When I delete one -
all two or three including the one I want are deleted at the same time

What is the exact file name of the original and your clones? Word always
tries to create a temporary file at the same place where the original is
stored as long as you have the file open.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cloned? Cloned? is offline

THank you Robert but it is not the temporary file - they appear when I
search for a file and there are no files open.

Cloned

"Cloned?" wrote:

Whenever I save a file I get a duplicate file - I am now getting three.
These do not appear to be back up files but clones . When I delete one -
all two or three including the one I want are deleted at the same time

This does not happen in other Microsoft applications

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is impossible to have three (or even two) files of the same name in the
same folder, so where are you seeing these 'duplicate' files? The fact that
by deleting one the others are deleted suggests that they are all different
views of the same file.