Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Freerk Freerk is offline

Default protect section break from accidental deletion?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to protect section breaks from accidental deletion. I use
the breaks to separate for instance the main body from the appendices,
with different page numbering scheme.

The usual route seems to be to lock down headers and footers by form-
protecting a first blank section.
(e.g. http://thedailyreviewer.com/windowsa...reaks-11964189)
However, as pointed out in the link, that also means users can't draw
or insert SmartArt in the rest of the document.

Is there any other (unconventional) way to protect, hide, etc. section
breaks? I've tried putting them in containers such as text boxes, but
that doesn't work... Can they be for instance 'hidden' somewhere? Or
be made *really* visible?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Freerk