Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ruftara

Default MSWORD 2004 Printing Problems on MAC OS X

I recently installed Office 2004 on my various Macintoshes running Mac
OSX (10.4.6). I have a G4, an iBook and a MacBook Pro. In every case,
when I try to print either parts of a document or multiple copies, MS
Word 2004 will only print the whole document. This is extremely
annoying as my husband is writing and assembling a book and we are
wasting time and paper to beat the band. It appears that the
instructions entered in the MS Word Print dialogue box are ignored by
the operating system (which is Unix). I tested several other
applications to make sure the MAC OS systems was not at fault. In all
cases, the applications actually behaved perfectly -- printing either
parts or mutiple copies as requested. Those tests included Excel and
Powerpoint. So I have to conclude that MS Word 2004 has a printing
glitch. The two printers that I used for testing were a HP LaserJet
2100TN and an Epson 740. In both cases the results were the same so I
ruled out Printer problems.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, have you found a solution. I
tried to contact Mocrosoft but have not gotten any result. I have found
a work around for now which is to create a PDF file and use Mac Preview
for printing. That is okay for the short term but will not do when we
get to compiling the book as a whole. Would be grateful for any
assistance.

Ruftara

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Hollingsworth, Joel

I'm using Word 2004 version 11.2 and Mac OS X version 10.4.6 and printed
single pages and page ranges successfully to "Preview" in Word, using the
"Current Page", "From" & "To", and "Range" choice options.

In every case Word properly previewed the correct page ranges, so I'm not
able to duplicate your experience. To me that suggests your conclusion about
a "printing glitch" in Word isn't supported in my testing.

I don't have much by way of suggestions; however, I'd start with
reinstalling Word and being sure that the it's up-dated.

Using the print preview before printing would be a good way to save paper.
Good luck.
Joel

On 4/6/06 5:52 AM, in article
, "ruftara"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ruftara

Hi Joel,

thank you for your comments.When I ask for print preview, MSWord
invokes Mac Preview and in that mode I can select what I like and it
will print correctly. If I try to print directly from the Microsoft
dialogue box then the dialogue commands are simply ignored and all I
get is a single copy of the document, regardless of which parameters I
have fed into the dialogue box. I can live with this two step process
but my husband who is being dragged away from his old iMac and an
antiquated version of MSWord is not pleased. In his case the less
typing, the better. Have you actually tried to print a document
directly from Word? I would just like toknow if you can get your
version of Word to bebehave correctly when using the print dialogue
directly.

Thanks

Ruftara

I am experiencing problems printing ?? formatting problem Corinne Fahy Microsoft Word Help 0 January 18th 06 06:44 PM
Word Document Problems from Office:mac 2004 Standard Edition Jody Cline Microsoft Word Help 4 August 9th 05 04:28 PM
Printing problems with Microsoft Word 2000. Casey Microsoft Word Help 3 June 28th 05 11:23 AM
Footer Printing Problems Ron New Users 1 March 12th 05 08:33 PM
Multiple copies & Landscape problems when printing in Word Matrix Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 09:44 AM