Baylea90

Default autotext

When I click on any autotext button, it just adds the description e.g if I
click on file name it just add the words 'filename' or if i click pages, it
just add the word 'pages' and not any data. I have tried alt & F9 but that is
not the solution as the data does not come up in brackets

It sounds as if the fields in your AutoText entry have been replaced with
plain text. You can recreate them, or you can regenerate Normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm. Note that if you
rename Normal.dot to get a fresh copy, you don't have to keep it; you can
copy the correct AutoText entries from the fresh copy into your renamed
Normal.dot (which contains all your other customizations), then delete the
new Normal.dot and rename your old one back to Normal.dot.

"Baylea90" wrote in message
When I click on any autotext button, it just adds the description e.g if I
click on file name it just add the words 'filename' or if i click pages,

it
just add the word 'pages' and not any data. I have tried alt & F9 but that

is
not the solution as the data does not come up in brackets

Shauna Kelly

Answered duplicate post in this newsgroup.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Baylea90" wrote in message
When I click on any autotext button, it just adds the description e.g if I
click on file name it just add the words 'filename' or if i click pages,
it
just add the word 'pages' and not any data. I have tried alt & F9 but that
is
not the solution as the data does not come up in brackets

How do I save my AutoText file to transfer it to another PC? kd1s Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 07:39 AM
Using form text fields included in an IF Statement with autotext Steve Microsoft Word Help 7 April 8th 05 08:17 AM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Autotext and overtype key KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 05:40 AM
Autotext not working KM1 Microsoft Word Help 4 January 30th 05 06:08 AM