Harold

Default Help Removing a Watermark

I have a Word 2003 with a watermark. I believe that it was created in an
older version of Word. It appears on the print view. When I use
backgrou/watermark, there is nothing to delete. When I go to header/footer,
it is not there. How can I find what it is and delete it? Thanks.

Harold

Okay, reading through this group I found numerous Q&As about watermarks. They
seem to be headers. I did not have anyting in my headers, but I opened it up,
double click nothing and deleted and the watermark went away. Why did it not
display in the header?

"Harold" wrote:

I have a Word 2003 with a watermark. I believe that it was created in an
older version of Word. It appears on the print view. When I use
backgrou/watermark, there is nothing to delete. When I go to header/footer,
it is not there. How can I find what it is and delete it? Thanks.

Daiya Mitchell

Watermarks are anchored in the header, but they don't display there. There
is usually an anchor symbol to signify this, but it only shows up if:

1) you have non-printing characters turned on
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

2) the watermark is selected. Note that when the header/footer is open, you
actually *can* select the watermark easily.

Double-clicking in the header presumably selected the paragraph that the
watermark was anchored to, and when you deleted it, the anchor was deleted,
and the watermark went with it.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/