Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jobiemobie jobiemobie is offline

Default Opening 2007 word files on a computer using microsoft 2000

Does anybody know how I can open my document created using microsoft word
2007 on computers using 2000 and Xp that I do not have adminsistrator rights
to.

Someone on a previous post said saving my 2007 word documents as microsoft
2000 documents...how exactly can I do that? At present I have no internet
connection to my laptop that uses 2007.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
From Word 2007 - file save as - pick Word 97-2003.

Do I understand correctly, then, that Office 2007 documents are in a format
that is only readable by Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes! But there is a converter available for Office 2002/3

Gordon wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
From Word 2007 - file save as - pick Word 97-2003.

Do I understand correctly, then, that Office 2007 documents are in a
format that is only readable by Office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Graham Mayor wrote:
Yes! But there is a converter available for Office 2002/3

But not for office 2000 or 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Microsoft has discontinued support for 2000 and 97.

Gordon wrote:
Graham Mayor wrote:
Yes! But there is a converter available for Office 2002/3

But not for office 2000 or 97?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi Gordon,

The compatibility pack and converters will work with Office 2000 and up provided they are installed on Windows 2000 SP4 or higher.

The compatibility pack doesn't recognize Office 97. There is already one 3rd party converter (that doesn't work too well g and I
expect that there will be others.

"Gordon" wrote in message ...

But not for office 2000 or 97?
--