#1   Report Post  

Default Word not showing in Start menu for second user

I just wiped the hard drive & did a clean install of XP on Gateway desktop using the OEM installation disk that came with it. I installed XP and updated it with SP1 and SP2 and then (to be able to install Office 2010 with SP3. In addition, I installed Norton 360 and its updates, then Office 2010 (full/non-upgrade version). Everything seems to be running well, nice and fresh -- except for this (significant) glitch: When User 2 (not an administrator acct) is logged in, using StartProgramsMicrosoft Office, Word does not show up on the list of available programs. It lists the rest of the suite -- Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and Publisher -- just not Word. However, when User 1 (is an administrator acct) is logged in, in the Start menu, all of the Office programs show up, that is, the entire suite, including Word. Any ideas for why this is happening and how to fix it?
  #2   Report Post  

Resolved. I don't know why it didn't automatically get put there, but my 19yo son came in and added a shortcut for it to the start menu from the Winword file in the program files on the hard drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVanBeuren View Post
I just wiped the hard drive & did a clean install of XP on Gateway desktop using the OEM installation disk that came with it. I installed XP and updated it with SP1 and SP2 and then (to be able to install Office 2010 with SP3. In addition, I installed Norton 360 and its updates, then Office 2010 (full/non-upgrade version). Everything seems to be running well, nice and fresh -- except for this (significant) glitch: When User 2 (not an administrator acct) is logged in, using StartProgramsMicrosoft Office, Word does not show up on the list of available programs. It lists the rest of the suite -- Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and Publisher -- just not Word. However, when User 1 (is an administrator acct) is logged in, in the Start menu, all of the Office programs show up, that is, the entire suite, including Word. Any ideas for why this is happening and how to fix it?