Carlone Carlone is offline
Junior Member

Default Copy and Paste

I need to copy and paste Hebrew words. The copy part works fine however when I paste the word into a new or different document the word is reversed. Instead of reading from right to left the word is backwards and if on paper it would have to be held in front of a mirror to read it. Is there a solution for this? Please advise. Thank you. Carl Eggers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word and of Windows? Is the Hebrew "IME" activated on
your system?

Is the original text in a Unicode version of Hebrew?

(Surely you don't mean mirror image -- with Resh shaped like r and Bet
and Kaf like c -- do you?)

--
Carlone

Carlone Carlone is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
What version of Word and of Windows? Is the Hebrew "IME" activated on
your system?

Is the original text in a Unicode version of Hebrew?

(Surely you don't mean mirror image -- with Resh shaped like r and Bet
and Kaf like c -- do you?)

On Mar 14, 11:53*am, Carlone wrote:
I need to copy and paste Hebrew words. The copy part works fine however
when I paste the word into a new or different document the word is
reversed. Instead of reading from right to left the word is backwards
and if on paper it would have to be held in front of a mirror to read
it. Is there a solution for this? Please advise. Thank you. Carl Eggers.

--
Carlone
Thank you for your reply & I hope this works ok. My OS is Windows XP & Word 2002. I guess it would be best to say the Hebrew word is inverted after pasting it. This I know nothing about "Is the original text in a Unicode version of Hebrew?" If you can help it will be great & if not it is no big deal. Thanks again. Carl.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have a feeling that systems that old weren't able to handle what
Windows calls "Complex scripts," i.e. Hebrew, Arabic, Sanskrit, etc.

When you go to Insert Symbol, does the fonts dropdown menu start with

(normal font)
(complex font)
(Asian font)

?

I suspect that the source you're pasting from is in Unicode Hebrew,
and you're not able to handle it. I think you need either to upgrade,
or else try to find a pre-Unicode Hebrew font and retype the text
(backwards). Or try to find an old source text using old fonts -- but
then there's no guarantee that the coding of the individual letters
will be the same as the fonts you might have.