Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Meredith Thompson

Default Why do my table columns move again after I resize them?

When I resize a table column in Word, I drag the border to where I want it to
go, but then most of the time Word then changes the column width to something
entirely different - usually it's worse than before I did the resize! Is
this some automatic "helpful" feature that I can turn off? It's driving me
crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Meredith Thompson

I have now disabled auto resizing, and it is better than before. It sometimes
still does strange things but nothing I can't live with! - thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have auto resizing disabled already?

"Meredith Thompson" Meredith wrote in
message ...
When I resize a table column in Word, I drag the border to where I want it

go, but then most of the time Word then changes the column width to

something
entirely different - usually it's worse than before I did the resize! Is
this some automatic "helpful" feature that I can turn off? It's driving

me
crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

You may also want to choose TableAutoFitFixed Column Width; this
removes any percentage widths for the table and its columns and, as a
result, prevents column widths from changing (note that this option
also turns off the auto resizing, if it's enabled).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have auto resizing disabled already?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Meredith Thompson" Meredith

wrote in
message ...
When I resize a table column in Word, I drag the border to where

I want it
go, but then most of the time Word then changes the column width

something
entirely different - usually it's worse than before I did the

resize! Is
this some automatic "helpful" feature that I can turn off? It's

driving
me
crazy!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ubar Ubar is offline

This has drove me crazy for an hour,

I finally went to format dropdown menu, Reveal formatting and check all the
formatting in the table and tuned it all off.

Final I split the table into two and made sure there was a paragraph break
between the tables and it seams to work now

Hope this helps