Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B J B J is offline

Default TOC Formatting

Hi - sorry if this is a double post, but I can't find what I need.
Our company has a standard TOC format that has been done manually (!!!) up
until now.

HEADER 1..................................1
Header 2 2
Header 2 3
Header 3 3

So... My questions are this.
How can I make the delineation (.........) different for different heading
types?

How can I make the right index different for different heading types?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can make the TOC look exactly as you wish by modifying the TOC styles -
by default, TOC 1 is used for level 1 headings, TOC 2 for level 2 headings,
etc.

See:
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

For additional information, see:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

For information about how to modify a style, see:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"B J" wrote:

Hi - sorry if this is a double post, but I can't find what I need.
Our company has a standard TOC format that has been done manually (!!!) up
until now.

HEADER 1..................................1
Header 2 2
Header 2 3
Header 3 3

So... My questions are this.
How can I make the delineation (.........) different for different heading
types?

How can I make the right index different for different heading types?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
B J[_2_] B J[_2_] is offline

Thanks!
Although - maybe I'm just missing it, but I still can't figure out how to
get my numbers to be indented from the RHS.
I can change the indenting so my Chapter titles are wrapped from different
points, etcetera, but what's the setting that I'm missing that'll put the
numbers at different indents?
Sorry if it's obvious - but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks;
Ben.