Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon jon is offline

Default [error] Control 'VSClientControl' cannot be created

I noted this issue when trying to copy

1. From Internet Explorer select Edit Select All Copy
2. Paste to a Word document (.doc) file, and save to hard disk. This shows
fine at this stage on one PC (Win XP 64 SP2 bit).
3. Copy the.doc file saved in step 2 to another machine (Win XP SP3 32 bit).
The image is not displayed, due to Active X, I guess.

Both have MS Office 2007 installed.

When opening this document in word and enabling ActiveX, the error message
is displayed:
Can't exit design mode because Control 'VSClientControl' cannot be created.

Help information
Can't exit design mode because control can't be created

All controls must be instantiated before you can exit design mode. This
error has the following causes and solutions:

The control specified in the error message dialog box could not be created.
Code can only run after all controls are instantiated and properly
connected. Make sure every file needed for the control is available before
trying again.

For additional information, select the item in question and press F1 (in
Windows) or HELP (on the Macintosh).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sm9u?=,

1. From Internet Explorer select Edit Select All Copy
2. Paste to a Word document (.doc) file, and save to hard disk. This shows
fine at this stage on one PC (Win XP 64 SP2 bit).
3. Copy the.doc file saved in step 2 to another machine (Win XP SP3 32

bit).
The image is not displayed, due to Active X, I guess.

WHAT image? I think you're missing some steps in here... Such as what you're
copying from IE is an image, and you're opening the document you've copied on
another machine and the pasted image isn't visible?

When opening this document in word and enabling ActiveX, the error message
is displayed:
Can't exit design mode because Control 'VSClientControl' cannot be created.

Please be more specific about what you do to "enable ActiveX".

From the sound of it, you're not copying an image, you're copying some kind
of ActiveX control that contains code, and it's apparently not able to
execute properly, although it's not clear why this is the case. Unless you
know exactly what this is, what you're trying to do is certainly NOT safe.

If you do need this, then I suggest you contact the owner of the site you're
copying from and discuss the problem with them. Perhaps the control expects
to be able to access something on the site and can't work embedded in Word
document. Perhaps the control requires a 64-bit OS. Only the owner of the
ActiveX control would know.

If you think you just want a graphical image, try using the "Paste Special"
command in Word and see if a pure graphics format is offered.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org