Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] myalternativeaddress123@yahoo.com is offline

Default How to keep Microsoft Word from automatically doublespacing???? PLEASE Help!!

Hello,
A re-occuring problem I've been having w/ Microsoft Word is this-
If I put an extra line between one line of text and another, like
this...

Here is my text

Here is the next line

.....and if I do this several times, Word automatically starts doing it
for me. But when
it comes time when I don't want an extra line between lines (i.e. I
don't want it double-
spaced), I'm unable to do so. In other words, Word automatically
double spaces when I push 'Enter'.
I have spent hours trying to figure out this problem. I have gone
through every possible
automatic setting.
So if someone could PLEASE tell me how to keep Word from automatically
doing this,
that would be wonderful!!!
Thanks so much everyone for your time and help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] myalternativeaddress123@yahoo.com is offline

One thing I forgot to mention is that through the whole process, the
text remains single-spaced. It's just that when I push 'Enter' to start
a new line, it puts an extra space between the old line and new line,
as if double spacing. However, the spacing settings continue to be set
to 'single spacing'.
Thanks