Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
R&D R&D is offline

Default Track changes in old and new Word

Hello,
I'm using the track changes function in MS Word. I'm used to version
Word2003 whereby
the deleted parts of the text stay within the original position in the text.
Now I'm using the latest version MS Word under Win XP where the track
changes function works in different way,
in particular deleted parts of the text do not stay at the original position
but instead are
shown on the right side of the sheet.
This is disturbing and more difficult to work with. Therefore I'd like to
ask if there is any way
to switch it back to the old W2003 behaviour.
Thank you
D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

If you are referring to Word 2007 then on the Review tab, in the Tracking
group, click Balloons and then click "Show all revisions inline".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"R&D" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm using the track changes function in MS Word. I'm used to version
Word2003 whereby
the deleted parts of the text stay within the original position in the
text.
Now I'm using the latest version MS Word under Win XP where the track
changes function works in different way,
in particular deleted parts of the text do not stay at the original
position but instead are
shown on the right side of the sheet.
This is disturbing and more difficult to work with. Therefore I'd like to
ask if there is any way
to switch it back to the old W2003 behaviour.
Thank you
D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Click on Review | Track Changes | Change Tracking Options. If "Use
Balloons (Print and Web Layout)" is set to "Always", then change it to
"Never" or "Only for comments/formatting".

R&D wrote:

Hello,
I'm using the track changes function in MS Word. I'm used to version
Word2003 whereby
the deleted parts of the text stay within the original position in the text.
Now I'm using the latest version MS Word under Win XP where the track
changes function works in different way,
in particular deleted parts of the text do not stay at the original position
but instead are
shown on the right side of the sheet.
This is disturbing and more difficult to work with. Therefore I'd like to
ask if there is any way
to switch it back to the old W2003 behaviour.
Thank you
D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Balloons were the default in Word 2003 as well, unless you disabled them
(Tools | Options | Track Changes: Use balloons: Never). Somewhere within
Office Button | Word Options or Review | Tracking | Track Changes, you
should find this same setting for Word 2007.