Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
GregoryD

Default Margins

Sometimes I have problems with margins in Word. It's a print preview of a
document which is properly formatted in landscape. Word fails to display or
print the document correctly. Sometimes it displays a "problem with margins"
dialogue and invites me to "fix" or "ignore". If I choose "fix", Word adjusts
the margin by about 10cm, ruining the layout. If I choose "ignore", I can't
print my file properly.

The problem seems to happen most in documents in which I insert section
breaks and set up the pages of each section differently. If I remove all page
breaks and set the document up again, the problem goes away.

Does anyone have anuy idea?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Your problem is related more directly to your printer than to Word. Many
printers cannot adequately handle layout changes within a document ,
especially if they occur within a particular page. It also sounds like your
printer has minimum margin requirements which the doc is attempting to
violate.

You may be able to have more success if you can use Left & Right *Indents*
rather than trying to vary *Margin* settings, but if the doc has some
landscape pages & some portrait you may have to print them as separate
groups of pages.

--
HTH|:)
Bob Jones