Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
galatea2153

Default Word not wrapping text in document

Every now-and-again, when typing a normal, everyday document, Word stops
wrapping text to the next line, and tries to squeeze whole paragraphs on the
one line. I can't figure out what causes this or how to make it stop.
Whatever document I'm working on, needs to be re-typed. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rajkohli

Are you talking about Microsoft Word?

Word is automatically wrap the text according to Page Size or Window Size.
However you can try changing the view to Print Layout from View Menu.

If nothing works then you can wrap the text yourself. Not by pressing Enter
as it will create a seprate paragraph. Use SHIFT+ENTER key.

Let us know, if this information is useful to you.

"galatea2153" wrote:

Every now-and-again, when typing a normal, everyday document, Word stops
wrapping text to the next line, and tries to squeeze whole paragraphs on the
one line. I can't figure out what causes this or how to make it stop.
Whatever document I'm working on, needs to be re-typed. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
galatea2153

Thanks for your response. Yes I am talking about Microsoft Word. I don't
think your response will help, though, as it seems to be an intermittent
problem. I checked the print layout - all the words were still bunched up
together. However, next time it happens I'll check the window size. Perhaps
it's just one of those "glitches" that happens occasionally.
Many thanks,
Megan

"galatea2153" wrote:

Every now-and-again, when typing a normal, everyday document, Word stops
wrapping text to the next line, and tries to squeeze whole paragraphs on the
one line. I can't figure out what causes this or how to make it stop.
Whatever document I'm working on, needs to be re-typed. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

According to Office MVP Bob Buckland:

"It's a bug that somehow seems to have Word misreading temporary files
related to the printer currently in use. You can usually 'unscramble' the
display from File=Print and switch to the printer properties or to another
printer then your normal one, or close Word and delete all files found on
Start=Search and looking for ~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting
Word.

You might also see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm