Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wallace Wallace is offline

Default Header and Footer toolbar unavailable

I received a Word 2003 document to "fix" that was so corrupted I converted it
to Rich Text then back into Word. I seem to have no problems with it except
that the headers and footers toolbar does not appear on the dropdown list
from the menu toolbar, and a click on Header and Footer on the View dropdown
(yes, I am in Print Layout) produces no Header or Footer, nor does the
toolbar appear.

How do I restore the header and footer level to this document? Gracias.
--
Wallace
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What happens if you double click in the top or bottom margin area?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Wallace" wrote in message
I received a Word 2003 document to "fix" that was so corrupted I converted
it
to Rich Text then back into Word. I seem to have no problems with it
except
that the headers and footers toolbar does not appear on the dropdown list
from the menu toolbar, and a click on Header and Footer on the View
dropdown
(yes, I am in Print Layout) produces no Header or Footer, nor does the
toolbar appear.

How do I restore the header and footer level to this document? Gracias.
--
Wallace

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wallace Wallace is offline

Nada --- nor, as I mentioned, can I find the Header and Footer toolbar
anywhere. Thanks
--
Wallace

"Wallace" wrote in message
I received a Word 2003 document to "fix" that was so corrupted I converted
it
to Rich Text then back into Word. I seem to have no problems with it
except
that the headers and footers toolbar does not appear on the dropdown list
from the menu toolbar, and a click on Header and Footer on the View
dropdown
(yes, I am in Print Layout) produces no Header or Footer, nor does the
toolbar appear.

How do I restore the header and footer level to this document? Gracias.
--
Wallace

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I know how to restore the Header and Footer toolbar, but if the header pane
doesn't open when you select View | Header and Footer, then there is
something worse wrong.