Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann Debra Ann is offline

Default Watermark Causing Header Problems

MS Word 2003:

I have documents that when I add a printed watermark, the headers on the
sections with different first header settings lose the heading information
that exists prior to adding the watermark. If you subsequently turn the
printed watermark back off, the header information does not come back.

Do you know how to solve this?

Thank you.
--
Debra Ann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Short of inserting the watermark before typing the header information, I
don't know any way to change this, though it doesn't seem that this should
be the normal behavior. Certainly you can create a watermark manually by
anchoring the required graphic to the existing header. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm

In the current situation, I would suggest copying the existing header before
inserting the watermark, then pasting it back afterward.

http://word.mvps.org