macho

Default How to make pdf maker toolbar invisible

I use 97Office Suite. Whenever I open Word document, a "pdf maker 5.0"
toolbar appears along with Standard and Formatting toolbars. The pdf tool
bar with only two bar icons occupies an extra row space. I tried to hide
the pdf tool bar but so far I could not do so. I do not want to remove the
pdf maker but I simply do not want to see the tool bar as a default bar. Is
there anyway to prevent it form appearing with other toolbars (Standard and
Formatting toolbars). Satoshi

Anne Troy

Remove the template from Word's startup folder, Craig. You can always use
File--Print and choose PDF writer, right?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"macho" wrote in message
I use 97Office Suite. Whenever I open Word document, a "pdf maker 5.0"
toolbar appears along with Standard and Formatting toolbars. The pdf

tool
bar with only two bar icons occupies an extra row space. I tried to hide
the pdf tool bar but so far I could not do so. I do not want to remove

the
pdf maker but I simply do not want to see the tool bar as a default bar.

Is
there anyway to prevent it form appearing with other toolbars (Standard

and
Formatting toolbars). Satoshi

macho

Dear Ann,

Remove the template from Word's startup folder

I don't get it. I do not have Word's startup. I open word document
manually.
For me, I create pdf file from Print Acrobat pdf writer (because I have
Acrobat installed).

Craig

news:ee5f3$42d9db4c$97c5108d$4566@allthenewsgroups .com...

"macho" wrote in message
I use 97Office Suite. Whenever I open Word document, a "pdf maker 5.0"
toolbar appears along with Standard and Formatting toolbars. The pdf

tool
bar with only two bar icons occupies an extra row space. I tried to
hide
the pdf tool bar but so far I could not do so. I do not want to remove

the
pdf maker but I simply do not want to see the tool bar as a default bar.

Is
there anyway to prevent it form appearing with other toolbars (Standard

and
Formatting toolbars). Satoshi

macho

I can drag the PDFMaker
toolbar up beside it and dock it there.

I did not know that this was a little complicated issue. As Suzanne
mentioned, the best way to handle is to drag and dock to the end of the
Standard toolbar area. Thanks. Craig

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm FWIW, I have
enough space at the end of my Standard toolbar that I can drag the
PDFMaker
toolbar up beside it and dock it there.

so

Anne Troy

Everyone has a Word Startup folder. Go to Tools--Options, File locations
tab. There it should tell you where Word's Startup folder is. Also, pay
attention to what Graham has said about losing other features. I personally
only use Acrobat to print to PDF. If you do, too, then it's probably safe to
use my method.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

Dear Ann,

"macho" wrote in message
I use 97Office Suite. Whenever I open Word document, a "pdf maker

5.0"
toolbar appears along with Standard and Formatting toolbars. The pdf

tool
bar with only two bar icons occupies an extra row space. I tried to
hide
the pdf tool bar but so far I could not do so. I do not want to

remove
the
pdf maker but I simply do not want to see the tool bar as a default

bar.
Is
there anyway to prevent it form appearing with other toolbars (Standard

and
Formatting toolbars). Satoshi

macho

Thanks Anne,

Found it. Ya. I see it.
Thanks again.

Craig
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:561b3$42da44f9$97c5108d$2435@allthenewsgroups .com...
Everyone has a Word Startup folder. Go to Tools--Options, File
locations
tab. There it should tell you where Word's Startup folder is. Also, pay
attention to what Graham has said about losing other features. I
personally
only use Acrobat to print to PDF. If you do, too, then it's probably safe
use my method.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

Dear Ann,

"macho" wrote in message
I use 97Office Suite. Whenever I open Word document, a "pdf maker

5.0"
toolbar appears along with Standard and Formatting toolbars. The pdf
tool
bar with only two bar icons occupies an extra row space. I tried to
hide
the pdf tool bar but so far I could not do so. I do not want to

remove
the
pdf maker but I simply do not want to see the tool bar as a default

bar.
Is
there anyway to prevent it form appearing with other toolbars
(Standard
and
Formatting toolbars). Satoshi

macho

Actually, as you suggested under other thread, I cleaned up normal.dot.
Normal.dot is now clean and looks good. Then, I saw pdf file bar.
Many thanks for your help. Craig

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:561b3$42da44f9$97c5108d$2435@allthenewsgroups .com...
Everyone has a Word Startup folder. Go to Tools--Options, File
locations
tab. There it should tell you where Word's Startup folder is. Also, pay
attention to what Graham has said about losing other features. I
personally
only use Acrobat to print to PDF. If you do, too, then it's probably safe
use my method.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

Dear Ann,