mafac mafac is offline
Junior Member

Default inserting text

there must be a toggle that lets you select between inserting text without removing text, and one that is an overwrite function. I can't seem to locate it.
Natalie Lanoville Natalie Lanoville is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafac View Post
there must be a toggle that lets you select between inserting text without removing text, and one that is an overwrite function. I can't seem to locate it.
Do you mean in "Find & Replace", or in a macro, or in an AutoText function?
MattDan MattDan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafac View Post
there must be a toggle that lets you select between inserting text without removing text, and one that is an overwrite function. I can't seem to locate it.
mafac, What version of Word are you using?

In Word 2007, you've got a couple of options. Select the option 'Typing replaces selected text', or 'Use the Insert key to control overtype mode', along with 'Use overtype mode'.

Hope that helps,

Matt