rocketman60

Default Word Attachments open multiple copies of Word

We are using Word XP and Outlook 2003 and are having the following problem.
When an e-mail comes in with multiple attachments, or multiple e-mails with
attachments, we open the first attachment and Word opens. Every subsequent
attachment we open, opens another session of Word, not just another Word
window. I know this because we have security set and everytime Word opens we
receive an enable/disable macros question. Any ideas why this happens. In
addition, we are receiving an "Unexpected error - quitting" message when we
open these attachments.
Graham Mayor

Apart from the fact that it is somewhat reckless to open attachments
directly without first saving them to the hard drive (and Windows security
now discourages such actions), are you sure that Word is opening separate
instances? Press CTRL+ALT+Del to pop up the task manager and see if there is
more than one winword.exe in the running processes.

The security warning and the crashes I suspect are unconnected - check out
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm and withWord
closed, check for orphan files -
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm