Skipper7

Default Sequential numbering for tickets?

How do I create sequential numbering for draw tickets? I don't want to have
to type in a different number on each ticket?
Greg Maxey

Skipper7,

You could do this using two SEQ fields (one on the ticket and one on the
stub). See:
http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm to get you started.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Skipper7 wrote:
How do I create sequential numbering for draw tickets? I don't want
to have to type in a different number on each ticket?

Doug Robbins

Create your ticket as a catalog type mailmerge maindocument - Best to use a
one row table for the purpose - and use an Excel spreadsheet contain a
column of numbers (easy to create by putting the first number in the second
cell of the column and in the third cell insert a formula that adds 1 to the
number in the cell above and then copy that formula down as many rows as you
want to create tickets. Add a field name to the first row of the column in
the spreadsheet and use that field name on the tickets where you want the
number to appear.

When you execute the mailmerge, a separate ticket will be created for each
number in the datasource.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP