Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ll ll is offline

Default Remove Shortcut

I am trying to remove the shortcut "ToolsRevisionMarksToggle." I go into
Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands and I select that
"ToolsRevisionMarksToggle," press Keyboard and it does show that the shortcut
is Ctrl Shft E, but there is nothing to remove it.

Any help appreciated, thanks, ll
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ll wrote:
I am trying to remove the shortcut "ToolsRevisionMarksToggle." I go
into Tools, Customize, Commands, All Commands and I select that
"ToolsRevisionMarksToggle," press Keyboard and it does show that the
shortcut is Ctrl Shft E, but there is nothing to remove it.

Any help appreciated, thanks, ll

Click on the 'Ctrl+Shift+E' in the Current Keys box, and then the Remove
button at the bottom of the dialog will become active. Click it.

Also, to avoid confusing any other readers, the sequence of steps you
mentioned doesn't work. In the Customize dialog you don't have to select
anything (it makes no difference if you do) before clicking the Keyboard
button. After the Customize Keyboard dialog appears, then you can select All
Commands and ToolsRevisionMarksToggle. You must have done the steps in the
correct order, or you wouldn't see the current assignment of Ctrl+Shift+E.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

remove keyboard shortcut for research pane in Word Alimo Microsoft Word Help 3 March 26th 12 04:23 PM
Research Pane opens Alt+Lclick shortcut key. How to remove? Wanna Know Microsoft Word Help 5 March 26th 12 04:23 PM
shortcut MoJR Microsoft Word Help 6 November 23rd 06 04:16 PM
remove a keyboard shortcut key Chris at FCC Microsoft Word Help 8 November 1st 05 08:38 AM
remove hiddens files should read remove hidden data. rhdtool.exe ketch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 23rd 04 08:12 PM