nik995

Default Why does 2nd section footer keep picking up the text from 1st one?

I created a report with two sections and each section needs different
copyright footers. The footer keeps coming up with all one copyright instead
of two distinct sections. What am I doing wrong?
Stefan Blom

Unlink the footers: With the cursor in the second section footer, make
sure you click the Same as Previous button (in some versions of Word I
think this button is called Link to Previous) on the Header/Footer
toolbar, to disable that setting.

Note that if you enabled "Different first page" and Different odd and
even" (FilePage SetupLayout tab) you will have three different
footers in each section. Each of these footers must be unlinked,
unless you want them to have the same contents as those of the
preceding section. (Headers are linked in a similar manner to headers
of the same type in the previous section, unless unlinked.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nik995" wrote in message
I created a report with two sections and each section needs

different
copyright footers. The footer keeps coming up with all one

copyright instead
of two distinct sections. What am I doing wrong?

Stefan Blom

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nik995" wrote in message
I got it ... Thanks Stefan!!

Section Name in Footer Pauba New Users 6 February 10th 05 02:45 PM
Section footer text Bill Page Layout 0 February 9th 05 07:50 PM
Change Footer on pg 2 to be different then the footer on pg 1 Ted Microsoft Word Help 5 January 19th 05 05:45 PM
Different footer in new section? Morris New Users 1 January 3rd 05 01:23 PM