numberonemuchacho

Default Tab key and Bulleted lists

In the past when I've hit the tab key while using a bulleted/numbered outline
list it usually advances me to the next sublevel. Also, whenever I hit
shift+tab it usually bumped me back up to the previous level.

Now, however, this does not occur. When I hit tab, the cursor merely tabs
over and the bullet or number remains in place. I have to right click and
press "increase indent" or "decrease indent" for whichever direction I want
the bullet/number to move.

What happened to my settings? I can't figure out how to get it back. I've
even removed office on my computer and reinstalled it hoping to get my
default settings back.

Does anyone know how to restore default settings in word?

Can anyone help me with my bullet/numbered outline list problem?

dp
Doug Robbins

Go to ToolsAutocorrect OptionsAutoformat as you type then check the Set
left and first indent with tabs and backspaces.

But you would be better advised to define the necessary styles for each
paragraph type.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"numberonemuchacho" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Doug Robbins

Since Word for DOS Version 1.1, the first thing that I do with a new version
of Word is set up keyboard shortcuts for all of my styles. Tab and ****+Tab
were not available in the original version.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Even using styles, you still need to enable this option if you want to be
able to use Tab and Shift+Tab to demote/promote levels.

so
all may benefit.