rather be golfing

Default Double paged line numbering with single paged text

I have a legal transcript formatted with double-spaced line numbering or 25
lines. However, I need to single space some of the information in the title
page of the document. How can I keep the line numbering from automatically
adjusting to the single spaced type? (Word 2000) Thanks for any help!

Stefan Blom

With the cursor in the header area, draw a text box in the left
margin. This anchors the text box to the header, which will force it
to repeat on all pages of the current section.

Make sure the height of the text box is specified so that it fits
exactly between the top and bottom margins of the page. Set the top
and bottom margins for the text box to zero. Remove the border.
Specify the appropriate line spacing for the text in the text box, and
then type each of your custom line numbers, followed by ENTER.

Note that if you have multiple headers in your document (which is the
case if you enabled "Different first page" and/or "Different odd and
even" on the Layout tab of FilePage Setup) you have to insert the
text box in each of these headers, if you want it to display on all
pages. You don't have to draw the text box multiple times, though. You
can copy and paste it into the additional headers.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

line numbering Island Girl New Users 10 October 10th 07 09:26 PM
Prevent use of enter key within a text box to start a 2nd line of Diana Tables 2 March 14th 05 11:29 PM
How do I line up the lines of text with the side numbers in a leg. Legalsecretarywannabe Page Layout 6 March 12th 05 02:13 AM
How to not select whole line of text when clicking to right lms Microsoft Word Help 5 November 26th 04 05:15 PM
numbering in text box Cath Microsoft Word Help 2 November 24th 04 03:15 PM