Phil Hodgson UK

Default How do I make a header ONLY appear on page 1?

I have created a template for a letterhead with a header and a footer - that
is where the charity name and address information are..

I want it so that as I type a letter and automatically go ontop subsequent
pages after page 1, I don't want the header and footer to follow me. Help! I
am having to write the first page of my letters in the template but when I
get to page 2, I have to start a new blank document so that it doesn't follow
me!
Anne Troy

File--Page Setup, Layout tab. Choose "different first page". For complete
"letterhead" instructions, try these:

http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Phil Hodgson UK" wrote in message
I have created a template for a letterhead with a header and a footer -

that
is where the charity name and address information are..

I want it so that as I type a letter and automatically go ontop subsequent
pages after page 1, I don't want the header and footer to follow me. Help!

am having to write the first page of my letters in the template but when I
get to page 2, I have to start a new blank document so that it doesn't

follow
me!

Phil Hodgson UK

Thanks very much.

I see now that I tick the "different first page" box, THEN create my
letterhead!.. and on page 2 (and subsequent pages) I create no header or
footer at all...

I really appreciate your quick response.

Phil