barry.v.taylor

Default What is the equivalent label in Office 2003 for an Avery L7160

My "NT" label-blank is based on the Avery L7160. I have converted to "XP" and
the grid-lines have gone ! Avery label type L7160 is not listed in the
envelopes and labels men for Office 2003.

How do I get the standard gri-dlines back without having to draw them "by
hand", or what is the equivalent code for the L7160 ?

barry.v.taylor

To Graham

thanks, yes I found the L7160 in the A4 menu afterwards, and I knew I also
found the toggle-key about grid-lines !

Bad phrasing of the question - what I meant by "grid-lines" was the actual
outline size of each label within the sheet. In "NT" you were shown a
representation of 21 labels, with the outline of EACH label on screen. This
allowed you to type different text for each label without over-running the
available space.

In the label menu you can load-up the L7160`s, and type a lot of information
in the address box, but how do you know that it will fit into the space on a
label.

I want to be able to type in 21 different labels on each sheet ?
"barry.v.taylor" wrote:

My "NT" label-blank is based on the Avery L7160. I have converted to "XP" and
the grid-lines have gone ! Avery label type L7160 is not listed in the
envelopes and labels men for Office 2003.

How do I get the standard gri-dlines back without having to draw them "by
hand", or what is the equivalent code for the L7160 ?

Jay Freedman

After you select the L7160 label type in the options, leave the Address box
blank and click the New Document button. That creates a one-page document
containing a table, with the cells sized to match the labels. With the Show
Gridlines function turned on, you will see the cell boundaries.

Type the information into the cells. If you put more text in a cell than
will fit, the extra text will simply disappear below the bottom of that cell
(because the table is set to exact row heights). If that happens, you can
adjust the font size in that cell as necessary.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"barry.v.taylor" wrote:

My "NT" label-blank is based on the Avery L7160. I have converted to
"XP" and the grid-lines have gone ! Avery label type L7160 is not
listed in the envelopes and labels men for Office 2003.

How do I get the standard gri-dlines back without having to draw
them "by hand", or what is the equivalent code for the L7160 ?

barry.v.taylor

Thanks to both Jay and Suzanne - I have not got time to try the answers
tonight - but they both say the same thing so I hope they work !

I will try tomorrow morning - any more problems I will ask again !

Thanks again guys !

Regards

Barry

"barry.v.taylor" wrote:

My "NT" label-blank is based on the Avery L7160. I have converted to
"XP" and the grid-lines have gone ! Avery label type L7160 is not
listed in the envelopes and labels men for Office 2003.

How do I get the standard gri-dlines back without having to draw
them "by hand", or what is the equivalent code for the L7160 ?

barry.v.taylor

To Suzanne and Jay

I got a few minutes tonight to try - the key phrase was in Suzanne`s reply
"Table Gridlines". I simply found that button on the tool-bar and

toggled the gridlines to "On" - hey presto - I can see the frames (or
boundaries) of my labels again !

Thanks again - much appreciated

Barry